This is page shows how to install the is the ROS driver to connect to the ARDrone, ardrone_autonomy.
Requirements
- ROS
- Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail)
Install dependencies
sudo apt-get install daemontools libsdl1.2-dev libxml2-dev libudev-dev libiw-dev
Compile and install
#Build env setup: mkdir -p ~/ros/ardrone cd ~/ros/ardrone #Get the sources: git clone https://github.com/AutonomyLab/ardrone_autonomy.git -b fuerte-devel
Source modifications to compile on ARM architecture
#ARM patch: wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mtourne/7258641/raw/b86f252bc0a3b0027a2bd2f9f6c2912914921f5d/ardrone_autonomy_armv7.patch cd ~/ros/ardrone/ardrone_autonomy patch -p1 < ../ardrone_autonomy_armv7.patch rm ../ardrone_autonomy_armv7.patch
Edit ~/ros/ardrone_autonomy/CMakeLists.txt, to have swscale before avcodec avutil in the link libraries:
Replace:
target_link_libraries(ardrone_driver pc_ardrone avcodec avutil swscale vlib sdk SDL )with:
target_link_libraries(ardrone_driver pc_ardrone swscale avcodec avutil vlib sdk SDL )
Add to ROS and compile:
#Add to ROS rosstack profile && rospack profile # Update ROS_PACKAGE_PATH for this session export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=$ROS_PACKAGE_PATH:~/ros/ardrone # Update ROS_PACKAGE_PATH for every session echo -e '\n\n#ardrone_autonomy ROS path:\nexport ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=$ROS_PACKAGE_PATH:~/ros/ardrone/ardrone_autonomy' >> ~/.bashrc #Compile cd ~/ros/ardrone/ardrone_autonomy ./build_sdk.sh && rosmake ardrone_autonomy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's possible to compile on arm pi processor ?
ReplyDeleteBest regards.
I'm guessing you mean raspberry pi. I have not tried, but the raspi has a ARMv6 CPU...so I am guessing you could run into some problems compiling on a raspi.
ReplyDeleteSorry, you're right, I'm trying to do that. I hope it would be possible.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete